Here we are again with yet another recipe for your very own spooky dinner. To catch-up any of you new readers, Lynn and I have decided to share a family tradition with all of you, the traditional Halloween Spooky Dinner. And not only that, we are giving you all of the ingredients to recreate it yourself. Lynn lovingly created these adorably spooky invitations and printable menu's for the big night. Also, week by week, we are supplying you with the recipes to complete the entire menu. We have already introduced the spooky dinner mocktail, appetizer, and first side dish. Now on to another spooky side dish, Witch Fingers, also known as Prosciutto wrapped Asparagus with Balsamic Reduction.
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon garlic
1 bunch fresh asparagus
1/2 lb. sliced prosciutto
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
2. Carefully wrap the asparagus with sliced prosciutto.
3. Drizzle the asparagus with olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cook the asparagus for 15-20 minutes.
5. In a small sauce pan, mix together garlic and balsamic vinegar.
6. Bring the vinegar to a boil, then turn the heat down to low, let it simmer until the vinegar reduces to about 1/4 cup.
7. When the asparagus is soft, drizzle it with the balsamic reduction and enjoy.
This simple, tasty, side dish is bound to make mouths water and is the perfect addition to your spooky dinner. Are you all as excited as I am? All of my invitations are already sent out! Cheers, Lou!