Why, hello Liebster Award. Thank you so much to Heather from This Life is Yours for nominating us. (We also received a nomination from Susanna at Simple Moments Stick.) Thank you to both ladies for thinking of us. We love this new blogging adventure and are so grateful for the love that we have been shown though this community in just less than a year. When presented with this award, there is some protocol to follow:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 other blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog. (You can take the one from our sidebar. It measures 200 x 200 px).
So here we go!
1. Why did you start blogging?
Lynn + Lou started when Lynn moved to Albuquerque. We wanted something to keep us talking all of the time so that the distance wouldn't get the better of us. We are so glad we started it and we can't wait to see what's next for Lynn + Lou.
2. What is your favorite & easy quick recipe?
Lou: My favorite easy recipe will actually be on the blog later this week, it is my late movie night guilty pleasure, Homemade Kettle Corn.
Lynn: I love making a Cucumber Salad. I mix chopped cucumber with chickpeas, dried cranberries, goat cheese and pomegranate white balsamic vinegar. It is fantastic!
3. What is your all time favorite store to shop?
Lou: I absolutely love to shop Anthropologie. I can't always afford it, but every time I walk into Anthro I receive all sorts of inspiration for home decor, art and fashion.
Lynn: Dang it! She took mine. If not Anthropologie, I would go with the online Boden store. Inspiration for me.
4. Favorite TV show?
Lou: My favorite show is Grey's Anatomy. I have watched it since Season 1 and I am still obsessed. Although, my faith was shaken when Mark Sloan was killed off.
Lynn: My favorite show is "Are You Being Served?" It is a UK show from the 1970s. You can catch reruns of it on PBS sometimes. Its hilarious.
5. Comfy-est & Cutest shoes you own?
Lou: My go-to shoes will always and forever be boots. I was gifted a wonderful pair of Lucky boots this year from the Mr for my birthday and I am still obsessed with them.
Lynn: I don't usually go for comfort. Most my shoes are either open-toe, high heeled, or strappy. I would have to say my workout shoes, Nike Lunas are very comfy and look pretty darn cute as I am bouncing my way to better health.
6. What is your guilty pleasure?
Lou: I absolutely love garage sale-ing. I am a strong believer in "One man's trash is another man's treasure."
Lynn: I guess peanut butter. There are not a whole lot of sweet things that I can eat so, I have a large jar of peanut butter in my cupboard. Sweet and creamy. Love it.
7. Biggest Pet Peeve?
Lou: I absolutely hate it when people use curse words as their entire means of vocabulary. I work in a restaurant and it is very prevalent. It is so unattractive for both men and women, I want to go up to everyone and say "come on have some class" and I have done it to many of them.
Lynn: Husband bashing! I can't stand women who spend their time, when they get together, ragging on their husbands. With that said, I think that if you are in an abusive relationship, reach out to someone you love and trust to help you. However, if the only thing I know you for is complaining about your significant other, don't expect a call for lunch.
8. Thing you are most thankful for?
Lou: I am so thankful for my sweet husband. I know that might be a a cliche answer but it is true. My world has become so much brighter wince the day we met. He always keeps me laughing and I absolutely love spending every minute I can with him.
Lynn: I have two. I would have to say there is a tie between my sweet husband and my religion. I can't thank God enough for what He has done for me: giving me the freedom to worship Him, and allowing me the privilege to be married to my best friend.
9. George Clooney or Brad Pitt?
Lou: Neither, Eric Dane is my TV star crush.
Lynn: Ha. Please. Who needs them when I am married to young Harrison Ford. Those who have known me for a long time, know that this is a dream come true.
10. What is your FAV blog to follow?
Lou: I love following A Beautiful Mess! I love that they have a wide variety of fashion, DIY/Crafts and foodie goodness.
Lynn: Being an aspiring surface/pattern designer, I love checking out Print and Pattern on a daily basis. Fantastic inspiration.
11. What is your biggest dream?
We would eventually like to open an online shop through Lynn + Lou. We work so well together, nothing would make us happier then to be able to work with our best friend for life.
Facts about Lou:
1. I am a decor junkie. I cannot be trusted inside Home Goods with an active credit card.
2. I am a Harry Potter nerd. I have every single book, movie and I even have a wand. I make it a goal every summer to read through the entire series before school starts again. Needless to say it upsets the Mr when it takes away from his time with me.
3. Since I moved into a bigger house I have to sleep with the door shut. I feel antsy if it is open. I think it is because I am so used to a smaller living space, having the door shut makes me feel more comfortable. Yes I am crazy.
4. I just discovered the beauty of the Eggo Waffle for the college students who are always running out of the house for school. Just toast and run, its genius. Strawberry and Blueberry are my favorite.
5. I collect dishes. There is just something about a cute bowl or teapot that I can't resist.
Facts about Lynn:
1. I am addicted to fitness. I love to work out and I notice a change in my attitude and outlook on life when I fail to workout on a consistent basis. It's my high.
2. Most of you already know this one: I am allergic to dairy, eggs and soy. I battled feeling nauseated and ill for most of my life before I found out that I was allergic to these things.
3. I am a news junkie. A day can't go by without me checking the news. I also am a subscriber to an online news company that I keep running while I work. I like to know what is going on in the world, be in good or bad. I do have to take breaks for a week at a time because it gets very intense.
4. I love Phineas and Furb. They are hilarious to me. Don't judge.
5. I am a singer. I love to sing. All. The. Time. You will see me singing in my car, around my house, in public.
6. I hate taking pictures of myself. When Lou asked me to start up doing the sister outfit posts, I was not excited. I don't think that I am a very photogenic person, but I thought that doing the post might help me to be more alright with posing for a camera. I would much rather be behind it.
Now for our Nominees!
3. See Mo Go
11. Some Snapshots
Questions for the Nominees:
1. When did you start your blog and why?
2. Where is "home" to you?
3. Do you collect anything? If so, what?
4. Where is your happy place?
5. What is your favorite go-to outfit?
6. What/Who/Where inspires you the most?
7. Solids or prints? What is more dominant in your closet?
8. Favorite childhood memory?
9. Favorite fashion trend?
10. What is your favorite book, magazine, or author?
11. Who is your go-to person for advice?
Just wanted to thank Heather and Susanna again for nominating us. We feel so blessed that you thought of us and decided we were worth reading. Have a great Monday! Stay happy out there.