Jan 18, 2013
Sweet Potato Poppers with Bacon and Onion Dip
Guess what everyone... We made it to Friday!!! It is time to celebrate, a whole work/school week is done and over with and now we can relax and enjoy this lovely three day weekend. Are any of you planning on getting together with your friends and family this weekend? Well I have a treat for you then, one that will knock the socks off of your guests. To be honest, this recipe came up out of nowhere, the mister and I were really in the mood for a snack yesterday and we had limited ingredients, and thank goodness we did. These Sweet Potato Poppers with Bacon and Onion Dip are delicious if I must say so myself. They offer the perfect mix of sweet and savory, I simply had to share it with all of our lovely readers.
1 Large Sweet Potato
3/4 C. Fresh Parmesan
1-8 oz. Sour Cream
4 slices crispy bacon
1/4 sliced green onions
2 T Olive Oil
1/2 t. Rosemary
1/2 t. Seasoned Salt
Salt and Pepper to taste
Sweet Potato Poppers
1. Peel and chop the sweet potato into equally sized cubes. It is important that they are close to the same size so that they all cook evenly.
2. In a bowl, mix together chopped potatoes, olive oil, fresh Parmesan, salt, pepper, and rosemary.
3. Cover a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil, this makes it a lot easier to clean up, and pour out all of your potatoes onto the sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for twenty minutes or until you can poke through the potatoes easily
Bacon and Onion Dip
1. Chop up the bacon and green onions and mix them in a small bowl with 8 oz. of sour cream.
2. Add seasoned salt to the sour cream and mix together well.
Well there you have it readers, simple, easy and so delicious I am so glad the mister and I stumbled upon this recipe, I know what I will be serving up at my next soiree. Do you have a favorite party dish? Tell me about it below. I hope you all have a lovely and relaxing three day weekend.
Labels: Tastes // Bites