Hello readers! This weekend was an eventful one for me and the Mr, filled with a lot of errands and birthday celebrations. I also enjoyed trying my hand at a few Valentine's Day Crafts. I wanted my decor to different from traditional Valentine's decor and after a lot of brainstorming with Pinterest I settled on making a canvas art project that is now the focal point of my mantle.
Sponge Paint Brush
Scraps of Burlap
4 Sheets of patterned paper
Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
1. Stencil as many hearts as you can on the back of your patterned paper and on your scraps of burlap, cut out all of your hearts.
2. Using the Modge Podge as a glue, paste the hearts onto the canvas.
3. Apply a layer of Modge Podge over your canvas to seal all of the hearts onto the canvas. Let Dry for 1 hour.
4. Write your desired inscription over the Modge Podge.
5. Using hot glue, apply the burlap hearts to your canvas and let dry.
I really enjoyed doing this project. It is my new favorite addition to my Valentine's Day decor. I am not quite finished with my new holiday mantle but when I am finished you all will be the first to see it. Decorating gets me so excited for the holidays and all of the fun traditions that they bring. Do you have a favorite Valentine's tradition? I cant wait to read all about it below. xx. Lou