Jan 23, 2013
Hello everyone! I am so excited about sharing this yummy recipe with all of you today. I have always loved avocado's but this kicks them up a whole other notch. It leaves guacamole crying in the corner. They are so yummy. I made these baked avo's with the Mr. yesterday for lunch and needless to say we were both very impressed. Do you want to know the best part though? They are so simple, they only take about ten minutes to make. Now that is my kind of meal.
Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil feta cheese
2 Vine Ripe Tomatoes
2 tsp. Minced Garlic
1 tsp. Dried Basil or 2 tsp. Fresh
Juice from 1 Lime
1. Dice your tomatoes and put them in a bowl. Add basil, feta cheese (as much as your heart desires), garlic, and lime juice.
2. Cut the avocados in half and take out the seed.
3. Stuff the tomato/feta mixture into the center of the avocados until they are overflowing.
4. Top them with a little bit more feta.
5. Bake them in the oven for 5-7 minutes at 450 degrees.
6. Enjoy them with a spoon or dip them out with chips.
These avo's were so delicious, I will definitely be making them again. I enjoyed mine with "Food Should Taste Good" Multi-grain chips. Side note: Isn't that the best name for a food company? I love it. Food SHOULD taste good, and these chips surely do. If you haven't tried them before you should drop whatever you are doing, head over to your nearest grocery store and get yourself a bag, and while you're at it, grab the ingredients for this yummy recipe too.
I wish you all a wonderful Wednesday, only two more days until the weekend. I can hardly wait. Lou!!
Labels: Tastes // Bites